Genodeoperating system framework that's been going strong for over a decade and continuing to employ a micro-kernel architecture continues to plan for an interesting future.
The twelve year old Genode OS open-source project has drawn up an interesting road-map for 2020. Some of their plans for this year include:
- 64-bit ARM (specifically the i.MX8 SoC) support for its general purpose Sculpt OS operating system. This Sculpt image should also have a version without conventional Unix tools.
- Native tool-chain support.
- Various GUI improvements and other desktop friendliness advancements.
- Supporting USB audio adapters.
- A first version of a kernel implemented in Ada/SPARK.
- CPU load balancing support.
- Hardware accelerated graphics for the NXP i.MX8 with its Vivante graphics.
- Improved VFS support.
Find out more about the open-source operating system framework's 2020 plans via
Broadcom developers have been recently volleying open-source Linux driver pa..
New to Mesa 20.1-devel is a new option for the Radeon Vulkan "RADV" driver to enable..
Belgium boss Martinez hoping Egypt star Salah makes World Cup
Belgium boss Roberto Martinez hopes to see Mohamed Salah at the World Cup and has wished the injured Egypt star a speedy recovery. 🇪🇬👏